The REV Theatre Company located in Auburn, NY, proudly announces the grand reopening of its historic flagship venue, The Merry Go Round Playhouse, with its 2021 season themed “Reunion, Recovery, Resilience.”
The REV will welcome audiences with three musicals that celebrate the power and determination of the human spirit: the song and dance spectacular, 42nd Street (first rehearsal 6/17, opens 6/30, closes 7/28), the iconic rock ‘n roll electricity of Footloose (first rehearsal 7/22, opens 8/4, closes 9/1), and the heartwarming and nostalgic musical tribute to an American legend, Almost Heaven, The Songs of John Denver (first rehearsal 8/26, opens 9/8, closes 9/29).
The REV is excited to offer employment opportunities in an effort to get theatre people working again!
To that end, The REV Theatre Company is proud to affirm and accelerate its commitment to equality, diversity and inclusivity, ensuring that our workforce, stages and boardroom reflect our dedication to social and racial equality. As a united staff and board, we promise to promote an environment that is truly equitable as an ongoing and intentional process of self-examination, accountability and action. Black lives matter.
The REV is fiercely committed to the health and safety of its employees and audiences. The REV has employed over 100 artists to date without a single case of infection or transmission. This year, The REV will promote a fully vaccinated workplace and a rigorous but fully streamlined bi-weekly testing process for all employees. The REV employs a comprehensive health and safety plan to support and inform all of its procedures and protocols within the climate of the pandemic, reviewed and vetted by Cayuga County Department of Health, NY Department of Labor, AEA, USA, AFM and SDC.
The REV has made significant investments to its HVAC systems in the Playhouse and will not only employ duct purification systems and UVC fans to filter and deliver purified air into the venue but will also open panels along the sides of the Playhouse in an effort to temporarily enjoy the Playhouse’s original form as an outdoor venue for the 2021 season. All NYS rules and regulations will be strictly followed. More information about The REV’s commitment to health and safety can be found here.
Auditions for the ’21 season will be held by video submission only at this time.
Compensation & Union Contract Details
AEA LOA to COST. AEA minimum: $669/wk. Health, pension, transportation, and housing provided. Non equity performers receive competitive salary, housing, EMC points.
Does The REV have a Covid-19 health/safety plan?
What precautions is The REV taking for its employees this season?
- Opening the sides of our historic Playhouse to achieve fresh air ventilation
- Installing AtmosAir duct purification systems in our HVAC equipment to achieve clean air throughout the venue.
- Installing 4 UVC filtration fans above the audience to kill 99.99% of airborne pathogens (including the virus that causes Covid-19) and to recirculate purified air throughout the house, stage and backstage.
- Utilizing electrostatic cleaning in all housing, offices, rehearsal venues, theatre seats, high touch/traffic areas and other appropriate locations to ensure a clean environment.
- Employing widespread sanitization in all housing, vehicles, rehearsal studios, offices and all theatres.
- Mask wearing for employees and audiences. While actors will not wear masks during performances and most rehearsals, we will require masks to be worn by all employees.
Will I need to be vaccinated in order to work at The REV?
Do audiences need to be tested prior to seeing a show at The REV?
What do I need to submit my virtual audition?
Specific audition requirements are outlined in each character audition packet. Please submit the requested material by May 11th. All material should be submitted in one video. Individual submissions for individual shows.
Can I submit for multiple shows?
Are any equity contracts available?
Are EMC points available?
Do you have housing, and is it provided?
Yes, we provide housing for all out-of-town employees or artists living beyond 50 miles of Auburn.